ID: VA-1072 Applications Developer III (U.S. Citizen)
Location: Fair Lakes, VA
Education/Experience: BS in STEM-related field and 9 yrs experience ; MS in STEM-related field and 7 yrs experience; PhD in STEM-related field and 4 yrs experience
Job Type: Full Time .
US Citizenship Required: Yes
The successful candidate will join Athena’s growing biometrics systems business unit assigned to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Homeland Advanced Recognition Technology (HART) Program.
Application Developer III Basic Experience:
- Java, C++, C#
- Go (GoLang), or willingness to learn
- Experience leading a small-cross functional team with frequent customer interactions to achieve defined objectives.
- Experience with working in an integrated team environment to develop solutions with software engineers, systems engineers, and specialty engineers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (Entry on Duty and Public Trust) for continued employment.
Application Developer III Preferred Experience:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience and/or certifications (i.e. Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, or Developer).
- Agile development methodologies and automated testing a plus.
- Full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance
Athena Sciences Benefit Package includes:
- Relocation assistance and signing bonus
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation & sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
(back to jobs)